For starters, testing for precancerous conditions and having an early detection plan have played a critical role in the increase of survival rates. Being aware of any developing lumps or changes in your breast and/or body, practicing self-breast exams, having regular clinical exams, and never skipping yearly mammograms are ways of ensuring that you are being proactive in the upkeep of your healthy lifestyle.
Did you know that there is a 98.6% rate of breast cancer survivors by those who caught the symptoms at early stages!
Here are our top five pointers for healthy living:
- Consider October your head start on those New Year resolutions and make the commitment to your diet and health goals NOW.
- Always urge against the excess consumption of alcohol, smoke and Tabaco.
- Choose the right skin and suncare products to protect your largest organ daily.
- When in doubt CHECK IT OUT! Actively schedule checkups with your Doctor’s office.
- Give back, spread the word. Do your part to increase awareness and continue the movement!
In doing our part, MB Miami Beach Sun care participated in this year’s Annual Tee Off Fore Wellness Golf and Tennis Tournament hosted by the Cancer Support Community of Greater Miami. On October 19th, we provided all guests with MB Miami Beach Sun care protection while helping to raise more than $125k to support those families impacted by cancer in our community. Check out event photos here.
On behalf of the MB Miami Beach Suncare family, we thank you for supporting our efforts to make a difference in our community and take a stand in increasing awareness and education about cancer.
Stay tuned for more community events of togetherness!