Need some guidance to ensure you're applying your sunscreen correctly? We've got you covered with our sunscreen usage tips:
· When used as directed with other sun protection measures, our broad spectrum sunscreens not only protect against sunburn, but decrease the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
· Apply liberally and spread evenly at least 15 minutes before sun exposure to allow maximum absorption and protection
· Ensure to apply sufficient sunscreen to get the proper coverage (roughly 2 tablespoons to cover your face and exposed areas of the body). If you’re using a spray, apply until an even sheen appears on the skin. Reducing the quantity used lowers the level of protection significantly.
· Remember to pay special attention to sensitive and hard to reach areas including your ears, neck, feet and upper back.
· Reapply at least every two hours. Reapply after swimming, sweating or toweling.
· Apply sprays to your face by hand and ensure to spray in the direction of the wind for proper coverage.
· Limit time in the sun, particularly between 10am and 2pm when the sun’s rays are the strongest.
· Use other sun protection measures with your sunscreen like long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.
· Always protect kids from the sun using protective clothing, hats, sunglasses and sunscreens. According to the US Surgeon General, sunburns in childhood are a clear risk factor for skin cancers later in life.