Sun Protection Education
- Sunscreen combines ingredients to protect the skin from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation. There are two types of UV rays:
- Ultraviolet (UV) A: Longer wavelength causing lasting skin damage, skin aging and can cause skin cancer.
- Ultraviolet (UV) B: Shorter wavelength causing burning, skin damage and can cause skin cancer.
- Broad spectrum formulas protect against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Sun Protection Factor (SPF) measures a sunscreen’s ability to protect the skin from UVB rays. For instance, an SPF 15 will protect your skin from burning up to 15 times longer that it would take for your skin to burn without SPF protection.
- By using sunscreen on a regular basis, you give your skin a break from fighting off UV rays and enable it to begin healing from previous skin damage.
- Miami Beach suncare water resistant products protect your skin for up to 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. For best results, sunscreen should be reapplied at least every two hours.
Important Tips for Properly Applying Sunscreen
- Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure
- Use a water resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating
- Reapply at least every two hours
- Apply sprays to your face by hand
Miami Beach Lifeguard Tips
- Use sunscreen every time you are in the sun
- Reapply every 1-2 hours to ensure appropriate skin protection
- Swim near a lifeguard
- Ask your lifeguards questions about ocean safety
- Listen to your lifeguards
- Keep yourself hydrated drinking plenty of water
Reasons to use Miami Beach Suncare
Miami Beach Suncare’s formulas bring natural elements of the sea, such as sea kelp and salt water to uniquely provide skin benefits. Nature gave us everything we need to protect our skins. Our formulas use those renewable resources to nourish, hydrate and protect your skin while enabling you to indulge in our signature MB scent.
Sea Kelp helps your skin to:
- Replenish proteins and minerals that are normally lost in the sun
- Firm the appearance of your skin
- Protect against photo-aging with its natural sunscreen properties
SPF 15 Salt Water Sport Gel is uniquely formulated to:
- Naturally provide minerals, vitamins and proteins
- Help protect and nourish your skin
- Offer a water based gel that is great for the face
All of our SPF 30+ Sunscreens are specially designed to:
- Prevent burning and protect from both UVA and UVB rays
- Protect skin from deeper penetrating rays which helps skin look younger longer
- Dry instantly on you skin to avoid an unwanted sticky mess
- Provide long lasting water resistance for the most actives
MB Kids Formulas are specially formulated to:
- Be gentle enough for children’s sensitive skin
- Serve as a dye-free, fragrance free lotion that absorbs well
- Offer the natural moisturizing benefits in sea whip and sea kale
All our products are made with the highest quality ingredients. Our very own Miami Beach lifeguards, who understand the need for quality protection, use our products.
Sunless Bronzing: The Tanning Alternative
SoBe Nights is our line of sunless bronzers which complement our sunscreen products taking you from day to night.
SoBe Night Continuous Spray: Develop gradual custom color in several hours
- Shake vigorously before using.
- Apply to freshly cleansed, dry skin.
- To avoid streaking, hold spray at least 8-10 inches away from body.
- Spray the micro fine mist evenly and sparingly over skin.
- Use caution when spraying on elbows, knees, ankles and toes.
- Allow to dry before dressing to avoid staining.
- Wash hands immediately with soap and water.
- Important notes:
- Your sunless tan will not appear instantly.
- It will develop over several hours and last for several days.
- For a deeper tan, reapply the following day.
- To maintain year round color, reapply every 3-5 days.
- Important notes:
Glow Lotion: 2 in 1 color system gives you instant color that washes out plus a sunless bronzer that allows you to customize your color over time.
- Smooth on evenly and rub in completely.
- Use sparingly on elbows, knees and ankles.
- Wash hands after application.
- Allow several minutes to dry prior to dressing.
- Use until desired color is achieved.
- Reapply as needed.